The Heart of Virginia Festival offers a wide variety of good eats including kettle corn, pizza, international foods, BBQ, seafood, desserts, and many, many more! Visit the Festival Food vendors in one of our Food Court locations: the corner of Main and Fourth Streets; the parking lot just west of the corner of Main and High Streets; near the intersection of Randolph, Buffalo and High Streets; and at the upper part of High Street.
Unfortunately we are no longer accepting applications
The Festival Food Application is in two parts. Please be sure and download both part A and part B below.
Festival Food Application Part A
Festival Food Application Part B
- All Festival Foods vendors must complete both parts of the Heart of Virginia Festival Application for each booth at the Festival. You will be notified within two weeks of receipt of your application IF there is a concern. Otherwise, you should plan to participate, and you will receive a confirmation packet (including space assignment and other important information) in early April. Cancelled checks serve as preliminary acceptance as a Festival Foods participant.
- All vendors pay the appropriate Heart of Virginia Festival application fee.
- Food vendors pay the appropriate Virginia Department of Health fee. Non-profit organizations, civic groups, and churches are exempt from the VDOH fee.
- If you have already paid the appropriate Virginia Department of Health fee for 2012, you must submit a copy of your receipt with PART B and also bring a copy with you to the Festival.
- There will be an additional fee of $35 for electrical service. The use of generators is strictly prohibited.
- All food vendors are responsible for adhering to all applicable Virginia Department of Health regulations while at the Festival. Vendors who do not comply with these regulations will be asked to leave the Festival, without refund of fees, and will not be invited to return.
- Access to water is limited, and vendors should plan to provide their own water.
- Vendors must supply their own 100’ outdoor extension cord, rated for outdoor service and for the amount of current they will carry during the Festival. Festival officials reserve the right to refuse the use cords or other equipment that appears to be inadequate or dangerous. Vendors should plan to have an appropriate plug to access electricity (see illustration of required power plug).
- Vending is permitted only from your assigned location (i.e., no roaming sales).
- All menu items and prices must be clearly displayed during the entirety of the Festival. Vendors failing to comply with this requirement will not be invited to return to the Festival in subsequent years.
- Based on feedback from previous Festival attendees, it has been recommended that vendors price items to match the family atmosphere and geographical area of the Festival.
- All assigned spaces are 15’ by 15’. If you require additional space for your operation, please contact the Foods Coordinator for information about purchasing additional space. Please clearly indicate those needs on the application (PART A).
- We will consider all placement requests, but we cannot guarantee that we can accommodate them.
Other vending information
- To showcase your participation, feel free to link the Heart of Virginia Festival website (http://heartofvirginia.org) to your website(s).
If you have any questions please email